Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July


Don't you just love this holiday? It makes me really miss growing up in Spokane and heading out to the lake for fireworks. Today we'll be road-trippin' it to my Aunt Cindy and Uncle Keven's before we continue on to Oregon to visit my parents for about a week. We should see tons of fireworks on the drive to Lancaster tonight.

Here's one of my favorite patriotic moments; I bet a lot of you remember this too. I just love how she makes us believe that she's singing full out, when really she is being so reserved in the beginning. Then "And the rocket's red glare" comes and she starts really belting it out, with a knowing smile after the line. Love it. Do you have a favorite patriotic moment, or a favorite song for the 4th of July? If so, what it is?





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails