Thursday, July 1, 2010

Camping Trip To Lake Arrowhead, Part Two


In keeping with my love for cooking, we planned a great menu for our trip:

Light Arrival Dinner:
Cheesy Campfire Dip with Veggies and Grilled Garlic Baguette Slices (in the family cookbook)

Breakfast:
Aunt Cindy's Ziploc Omlettes (yes, it really works), Toast, French Pressed Coffee and OJ



Dinner:
Burgers with Crockpot Peach Cobbler for Dessert



The party planner in me is coming out, and I'm going to try to organize a first annual "Camping Cook-Off" competition-slash-fun getaway weekend with friends.  Everyone would get assigned a different meal, and then we'd judge them on creativity, taste and presentation.  The winner will get a goudy trophy and bragging rights for the next year, and all of us will get to enjoy a fun weekend with good friends and great food.  Sounds like fun to me!  It's just an idea right now, but I hope it works out for August!!




post signature

1 comment:

  1. Who is viper? I see he is getting some breakfast too! Why is my brother dressed up like it is November? We need to get him home for a visit! Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! Wish we lived closer so we could have joined you! Love, Erika

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails