Monday, April 5, 2010

Fashion Week and BNP Paribas Open

March is the MOST beautiful month, and to top it off, there is tons to do this time of year in the desert.  Being locals, we tend to get lots of complimentary tickets to events through work or friends, so attending some of the popular spring events is becoming a tradition.

March 18th we hit the BNP Paribas Open on Rolland's day off.  It was a pretty warm day in the 80s, so we lathered on the sunscreen and soaked in some rays at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden .  Having been to this event each year, you would think that I would have learned a thing or two about tennis, but you would be WRONG!  This year, however, Rolland took some time to explain the rules to me so I was able to follow the quarterfinals between Ljubicic and Monaco.  We had a great time hanging out!


Then on March 24th my friend Janelle had a couple tickets to El Paseo Fashion Week.  We met up with her friends ahead of time at the cutest little patio restaurant inside La Quinta Resort called Twenty6.  It was quaint and picturesque, a little hidden gem that not a lot of locals seem to know about.  I've already taken Rolland there since and I can see it becoming one of our favorite hangouts for a quick bite.  Next stop was to another place I'd never been, a little wine bar call Enoteca inside of Mama's Gina's.  We split a beet salad which was great, and cheap!  Our concierge at Marriott used to rave about the food at Mama Gina's, but I had always thought it was super pricey and only for the most special of occasions. I had no idea they had such great priced bar food during their ALL day happy hour seven days a week.  Another great spot!  After that, it was around the corner to the Fashion Week tent where we watched a few designer's present fashion from "around-the-world" (the theme of the evening).  Fun night, a big thanks to Janelle!



post signature

1 comment:

  1. Alison - MIke showed me your blog - it's darling! and...I love Twenty6!

    Michelle Barrick

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails